Green Diamond Resource Company is a fifth-generation, family-owned forest products company. We own and manage working forest land in eight states in the western and southern US. A few important facts:
- We operate under the toughest forest practice regulations
found anywhere – regulations developed to protect water
quality, soils, fish, wildlife species, sensitive plants
and archeological and cultural sites.
- Our Washington, Oregon and Southern timberlands are independently certified to be in compliance with the Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI) Standard.
- In California, Green Diamond Resource Company lands have achieved Forest Management certification under the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) standards
- We harvest less than 2% of our lands annually; all harvested areas are quickly replanted with native species to start the forest cycle anew.
- These vibrant, working forests improve water quality, provide habitats for many fish and wildlife species and store carbon in both trees and in the quality wood products these forests produce.
- In 1992, we were the first company to receive approval for a Habitat Conservation Plan (HCP) for the Northern Spotted Owl. In 2007, we obtained approval for an HCP that protects seven aquatic species on our lands in California.
- A Multi-species Habitat Conservation Plan that protects 51 fish and wildlife species on our Washington lands was approved in 2000.
- Ethical conduct is expected of everyone who serves Green Diamond - our Board, officers, managers, employees, and contractors. It is a tradition that has endured for more than a century and one that will drive our success for future generations. We take pride in our "In the Clear/Out of the Bight" Code of Conduct.
- We are active in our operating communities, through monetary contributions and in-kind service to a variety of health and human services, environmental and arts initiatives.
Green Diamond is headquartered in Seattle, Washington and has four primary businesses:
- California Timberlands Division, Korbel, Calif.
- Oregon Operations, Klamath Falls, Ore.
- Northwest Timberlands Division, Shelton, Wash.
- Green Diamond Management Company, Southern Timberlands, Bogart, Ga